Our membership rates are shown below. For full weekend memberships, you can join online (postal registration has now closed). For day memberships, see our day membership page. However you do it and for however much of the weekend, do it now!
Online registration, for both weekend and day memberships, will close at midnight UK time at the end of Monday 30th March. Please also note that there will be no memberships available on the door. So we meant what we said above: join now!
|22 Apr – 19 Aug 2014||20 Aug 2014 – 31 Jan 2015||1 Feb – 30 Mar 2015|
An adult attending membership gives you access to all of the convention programme items, events, areas, and so on, for all four days of the convention.
Junior memberships are available for anyone who will be between 12 and 17 years of age at the time of the convention. Like adult attending memberships, junior memberships give access to the the full four days of the convention. In the event that some programme items are concerned with mature content, these will be clearly marked in the programme, and access may be restricted to adult members.
Children between 6 and 11 at the time of the convention are eligible for a child membership.
Children under the age of 6 at the time of the convention are eligible for an infant membership.
A supporting membership allows you to support Dysprosium, even though you’re not actually attending the convention. Think of it as a membership that allows you to be there in spirit, but not in person. If you buy a supporting membership, and then find that you can come after all, you can upgrade your supporting membership to an adult attending membership by paying the difference between the two rates at the time. Since the attending rate goes up as we get to the con, the sooner you upgrade, the cheaper it is!
Apocryphal memberships are for toys, so that your Beeblebear or Clanger can have a nice membership badge to wear, too.
Membership of the convention is limited by the capacity of the programme areas in the convention hotel, and we are running close to that limit. Nevertheless, we want to offer day memberships, so as to give people the chance to try out Eastercon, and to allow people to attend for some of the con without the costs of attending for the entire weekend.
We are therefore releasing a limited number of day memberships for purchase online, beginning on 19th March at 1pm (UK time). They’ll be released in small tranches, to allow us to monitor take-up and the effect on overall numbers. Day memberships will be cheaper on the Friday and Monday, to reflect the smaller programme running on those days, and rates per day will be:
See our day membership page for links to the online registration forms.
There will be no on-the-door memberships available at Dysprosium. If you want to attend, you need sign up in advance! Postal registrations must be received by us by the Friday 27th March at the latest, and online registrations by the end of Monday 30th March.
Refunds and transfers
We cannot provide refunds for memberships, but, if you buy a membership and then find that you are unable to attend, you are welcome to transfer your membership to someone else. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to do this. All transfers, including registration by buyers, must be completed by the end of Monday 30th March. The full details of our policy on memberships, refunds and transfers are shown below.
- All memberships are non-refundable by Dysprosium.
- Memberships can be transferred between individuals at any point up to 30th March 2015. Dysprosium does not sanction the transfer of memberships after this date, and reserves the right to revoke any such membership transferred after this date.
- Dysprosium does not sanction the transfer of memberships at a premium i.e. above original face value. Dysprosium reserves the right to revoke any membership which has been transferred at a premium.
- If the transfer involves a change of category to a higher value (e.g. Junior to Attending Adult), the person attending the convention will be responsible for paying the difference in cost to Dysprosium. Dysprosium reserves the right to revoke any membership where there has been a failure to make this supplemental payment.
- If the transfer involves a change of category to a lower level (e.g. Adult Attending to Junior), no refund will be made by Dysprosium.
- The Dysprosium Facebook page may be used as a place to advertise the transfer of membership, but the convention is not held responsible if the membership fails to sell. Dysprosium does not sanction the use of any other form of advertising of transfer of membership.
- Please ensure that you have booked a membership before booking accommodation and travel. Dysprosium cannot be held liable for any costs of accommodation or travel incurred if a membership is not secured by the time of the convention, or if a membership is revoked.
- If you are transferring a membership and have also booked accommodation, you are responsible for cancelling your accommodation, or arranging for someone to take over your room booking and liability for payment for the room booking.
- Dysprosium reserves the right to revoke any block booking of multiple memberships where that block booking appears to Dysprosium to be designed to manipulate the wider access to memberships by individuals.